In recognition of our innovative work tailored to the needs of young women diagnosed with breast cancer, Living Beyond Breast Cancer has been awarded a $1.75 million grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In this issue, read about the factors that may impact choosing lumpectomy, single mastectomy or double mastectomy for breast cancer, and what resilience is and how it may play a part in your breast cancer experience. Read Nancy Dallman's personal story of developing and living with lymphedema, swelling of the hand, arm, chest or torso that may be caused by breast cancer treatment.
- ASCO Issues Guideline for Metastatic HER2-negative Breast Cancer
- Lymphedema-Related Distress Tied to Poor Mental and Physical Health
- Adding Carboplatin to Chemotherapy May Improve Treatment Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Final Results of TH3RESA Trial Confirm Effectiveness of T-DM1
- Better Access to Surgery Information May Improve Reconstruction Decision Making
Metastatic Breast Cancer Series, Part 2: Communicating with Your Healthcare Providers10/30/2014
Learn how to get the most out of your time with your doctor.
Vitamins and Supplements11/18/2014
Learn about vitamins and supplements and how they can be used during and after treatment for breast cancer.
On the Blog
October 25, 2014
Now Life Is Forever Altered
LBBC shop to support partner and blogger, Dana Donofree, is back sharing the 2nd part of her breast cancer story with us. To read part 1 click here. Today she shares how her surgery lead to life and career changing ideas and how it has directed her path for the future. The positive to my […
Living Beyond Breast Cancer expert Katherine Tkaczuk, MD, answers your questions available treatments for metastatic breast cancer, and what research is on the horizon.