We are proud to announce that Living Beyond Breast Cancer is a partner of #GivingTuesday, a national day of giving that celebrates and encourages activities that support charities and nonprofit organizations.
The second annual #GivingTuesday is on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, Dec, 3, 2013. In 2012, the first #GivingTuesday campaign
- recognized more than 2,500 partnering organizations from all 50 states spurred more than $10 million in online donations, a 53 percent increase compared to 2011
- engaged more than 50 million people worldwide to spread the word about #GivingTuesday, making the campaign a major trend on Twitter
#GivingTuesday partners consist of registered nonprofits as well as for-profit institutions, religious groups and community groups that have an initiative to raise money for charities.
As a partner in this year’s campaign, we have a few initiatives to raise awareness of our programs and services and gain support of the millions of people who get involved with #GivingTuesday:
- In the days leading up to Dec. 3, we will post essays on the LBBC blog by two women who used LBBC as a resource to get information and support after a breast cancer diagnosis.
- After the success of our first six-word memoir campaign during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, we created a second campaign that is also based on the original Six-Word Memoir project by Smith Magazine. If you submitted a six-word memoir, you were entered into a drawing for the chance to win an Everything But Water bronze bracelet. The winner will be announced on Thursday, Nov. 28 on our Twitter and Facebook pages. All six-word memoir submissions will be unveiled throughout #GivingTuesday on our blog and Facebook.
- Finally, our matching campaign will double the impact of your online gift. When you make an online gift to LBBC on Dec. 3, your contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar by Toll Brothers, Inc.
“We are excited to share all of these fun initiatives with you, but we need help in spreading the word about our Giving Tuesday activities,” says Jean Sachs, MSS, MLSP, LBBC’s CEO. “All donations made to LBBC on Dec. 3 will help us further our mission to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.”
We will update all our #GivingTuesday initiatives with an online donation link on our blog, social media and #GivingTuesday profile page.