Yoga on the Steps: Philadelphia
When: Sunday, May 20, 2012
Philadelphia Museum of Art
26th Street Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Since 2002, Living Beyond Breast Cancer has hosted Yoga on the Steps, an inspiring and healing event that connects thousands of people in support of women living with this disease. Now hosted in Philadelphia, Denver and Washington, DC, Yoga on the Steps allows participants come together to raise funds and awareness for LBBC’s education programs and support services. Yoga on the Steps: Philadelphia kicks off its 10th anniversary celebration, dedicated to the memory of LBBC volunteer Beatrice Marx, on May 20 at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
As a Yoga on the Steps: Philadelphia fundraiser and team captain, team member or individual participant, you will:
- Raise money for LBBC by inviting your friends to donate and support your participation
- Experience a one-hour yoga class, set against the Philadelphia skyline, that has been designed for all skill levels and body types
- Be surrounded by thousands of other LBBC supporters
- Enjoy a light breakfast of organic and naturally prepared foods and browse through a Healthy Living Expo featuring health and nutrition experts, event sponsors, yoga and fitness studios, specialty vendors and information about local area nonprofits and service organizations
- Help LBBC continue its mission of empowering all women affected by breast cancer to live as long as possible with the best quality of life, regardless of educational background, social support or financial means
Visit yogaonthesteps.org or call (610) 645-4567 to register and form a fundraising team.
For 20 years, Living Beyond Breast Cancer has been empowering women to live as long as possible with the best quality of life regardless of educational background, social support or financial means. Founded in 1991, LBBC has been committed to providing national educational programs and services that include an educational website, lbbc.org; a toll-free Survivors’ Helpline, (888) 753-LBBC (5222); national conferences; free teleconferences; networking programs; quarterly newsletters; publications for medically underserved women; healthcare-provider trainings; recordings and the Paula A. Seidman Library and Resource Center.