Cis B. Golder Quality of Life Grant
Breast cancer treatment can be very expensive, especially if you have little or no insurance. In addition to your medical expenses, there are many other expenses like transportation, loss of income, co-pays and others that can put a stress on you and your household.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer, in partnership with Bringing Hope Home, provides small quality of life grants to women affected by breast cancer in the Greater Philadelphia region.
This grant may be used for the following types of expenses:
- Rent, mortgage or utilities
- Groceries, child care, personal care or needs, and respite care
- Wellness promotion services, like nutrition management, physical fitness and physical therapy
Grant funds, if awarded, are paid directly to services or vendors. No grant money is given directly to the applicant.
Eligibility for the GrantTo ensure we reach as many women as possible, we will award grants one time only to individuals in need. In order to receive a grant, you must be:
- a woman diagnosed with breast cancer (priority will be given to women in active treatment or diagnosed within the last year, or women living with metastatic breast cancer)
- a resident of the Greater Philadelphia region (In Pennsylvania: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Philadelphia and Montgomery counties; In New Jersey: Camden, Burlington and Gloucester counties)
Applying for a Cis B. Golder GrantApplications are accepted in March, June, September and December. We make our best effort to review and process all completed applications within 8 to 10 weeks of receipt.
Applications must be submitted online by a referring healthcare provider. Please click the buttons below download an application organizer and instructions to share with your healthcare provider.
Healthcare providers accessing the grant for the first time can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information and the password to access the online application.
For Further InformationFor questions about eligibility or coverage, please call Living Beyond Breast Cancer at (855) 807-6386 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
About Cis B. Golder
Cis Golder served as a dedicated volunteer for LBBC for more than a decade. She was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer three times. Despite the toll breast cancer took on her life, Cis remained positive and passionate about helping others. She especially cared about women and families without the means to get the help they need during and after breast cancer treatment. When Cis passed away in May 2006, her family, friends, and LBBC created the grant program to carry on her legacy.