Joanna L. Fawzy Morales, Esq
Joanna L. Fawzy Morales, Esq, is a cancer rights attorney, author, speaker, and CEO of Triage Cancer, a national nonprofit organization connecting people to cancer survivorship resources. She also serves as principal of North Star Alliances, a business and nonprofit consulting and service firm.
Ms. Morales has dedicated her career to cancer advocacy and support, including positions held at the Cancer Legal Resource Center and the John Wayne Cancer Institute’s psychosocial care program and Positive Appearance Center. In addition to working directly with people with cancer, Ms. Morales has taught a seminar in cancer rights law at Loyola Law School for several years.
Ms. Morales serves on numerous cancer community committees and boards and has been published in a variety of cancer, health and women’s publications. She frequently presents educational seminars nationwide, including many hosted by Living Beyond Breast Cancer. Ms. Morales has been honored for both her cancer advocacy and legal expertise.
- Managing Cancer and Career
- Cancer and Careers: Understanding Your Rights in the Workplace
- Working Matters: Employment During and After Breast Cancer
- Building Your Family After Breast Cancer
- Risk of Bankruptcy Rises After Cancer Diagnosis
- October 2013 Ask the Expert: Workplace Issues
- Work and Career
- Researchers Find 25 Percent of Women With Breast Cancer Attribute Financial Problems to the Disease
- November 2014 Ask the Expert: The Affordable Care Act and You