Edith A. Perez, MD
Edith A. Perez, MD, is director of the breast cancer program in the division of hematology/oncology and director of the cancer clinical study unit at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. She is a professor of medicine at Mayo Medical School and chair of the Breast Cancer Committee of North Central Cancer Treatment Group. She has also held positions within the American Association for Cancer Research, American Society of Clinical Oncology and National Cancer Institute.
Dr. Perez has developed and is involved in a wide range of clinical trials exploring new ways to treat and prevent breast cancer. She also has developed studies to evaluate the role of genetic markers in the development and aggressiveness of breast cancer. She is the recipient of many awards and has authored more than 100 research articles in journals and books.
Dr. Perez has worked with LBBC as both a speaker and reviewer of program materials.
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Issues and Updates
- Chemotherapy Combination Less Toxic to Heart
- FDA Approves Perjeta for Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Guide to Understanding Hormonal Therapy
- Trastuzumab Recommended for HER2 Positive, Invasive Lobular Breast Cancer
- Heart Problems From Trastuzumab Not a Long-Term Issue