Yarissa oversaw advertising, marketing and public relations efforts for Living Beyond Breast Cancer from September 2009 to December 2010. She established a consistent communications effort to maximize exposure and position LBBC’s strategic direction with the press, supporters and other industry influencers.
Yarissa has more than 10 years of marketing and public relations experience. Prior to joining LBBC, she was communications manager at Association Headquarters, Inc., an association management company in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. She also served as senior public relations coordinator for the American Association for Cancer Research in Philadelphia.
An active voice in her local community of Pennsauken, New Jersey, Yarissa is currently serving a three-year term on the board of directors for the American Red Cross Camden County Chapter. She is a member of the Public Relations Society of America and currently serves on the PRSA Philadelphia Chapter Student Outreach Committee.
Yarissa obtained a bachelor’s degree in communications from the University of Maryland and holds a management in public relations certificate with concentration in science and arithmetic designation. She is an avid sports fan and enjoys cooking, RVing and spending time with her husband, Hector, and daughters Alexis and Maricela.
- How Lifestyle Factors Can Affect Breast Cancer
- Medicines in the Pipeline: What’s Emerging in Late-Stage Trials
- Leading Provider Groups Set Guidelines for Hormone Receptor Testing
- MRI Detects Breast Cancer at Earlier Stage
- Breaking News from the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- New Treatment Paradigms for Breast Cancer: Managing the Flow of New Data
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer Statement on New Mammography Guidelines
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer Statement on FDA’s Decision to Remove Approval of Avastin for Metastatic Breast Cancer
- LBBC Receives Four-Star Rating from Charity Navigator