Anna Shaffer, Contributing Writer
Anna Shaffer is a contributing writer to lbbc.org. She worked as the editor and manager of web content at Living Beyond Breast Cancer from 2005 to 2014.
As editor and manager of web content, Anna oversaw LBBC's online presence including the organization's website, lbbc.org. She was responsible for planning, assigning, writing and editing content for lbbc.org; evaluating and enhancing its content and usability and working with staff and vendors to enhance search engine optimization and implement online marketing campaigns. Her other responsibilities included writing feature articles for LBBC’s national newsletter, Insight, and managing project teams and vendors. Previously, she served as the editor of Insight, and she also served as LBBC’s communications manager, managing public relations, marketing and advertising efforts for the organization’s educational and fundraising events.
A native of the rainy Pacific Northwest, Anna graduated cum laude from Western Washington University with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, a concentration in environmental studies and a minor in French. In 2004, she received a certificate in public relations from the University of Washington. Her work history includes chapter manager for the National Alliance for Autism Research and development manager for the American Cancer Society.
During her spare time, Anna enjoys singing, traveling, food and wine, cultural events, history, music, sports, animals, the great outdoors and spending time with family and friends.
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer Launches Ask-the-Expert Program
- Annual Fall Conference to Cover Updates for Living Well
- Welcome to Our New Online Community!
- The Health Bill: How It Could Impact You
- Mind, Body, Spirit: Using Complementary (Integrative) Therapies to Relieve Physical and Emotional Symptoms
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Series: Treatment Options for Today and Tomorrow
- Guide to Understanding Financial Concerns
- When Cancer Inspires a New Career: Sue’s Story
- ASCO Breast Study Focuses on Preserving Fertility in Young Women
- ASCO Breast Reports on Recurrence after Early Chemotherapy
- Researchers Identify Barriers to Early-Stage Breast Cancer Treatment
- Experts Discuss New Guideline for Margins in Breast-Conserving Surgery
- When Distress Persists: Depression and Metastatic Breast Cancer