Robert A. Somer, MD
Robert A. Somer, MD, is the head of the genitourinary malignancy program and the associate director of the breast cancer program at the MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, in Voorhees, New Jersey. He is also the director of the clinical trials office at the cancer center, and is an associate professor of medicine and chair of the admissions committee at the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University.
In addition to being instrumental in establishing a state-of-the-art, comprehensive research program, Dr. Somer has received many awards during his career, and sits on many advisory boards for cancer research. He has been invited to give local, national and international presentations, and has co-authored many publications and abstracts ranging from basic science research to clinical research and cancer treatment.
- January 2012 Ask the Expert: Targeted Therapies and Personalized Medicine
- Everolimus Gains FDA Approval for Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Treating Metastatic Breast Cancer & In the Pipeline: Understanding Drug Approval
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Second Tuesdays: Monthly Webinar for the Newly Diagnosed
- ASCO Updates Guideline on Length of Tamoxifen Treatment