Researchers at Fox Chase Cancer Center seek 100 young adults ages 18-40 who live in Southeastern Pennsylvania and have been diagnosed with cancer to participate in a survey. The goals are to understand the experiences and needs of young adults diagnosed with cancer and to evaluate and address gaps in services for this population.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 40 years
- Have been diagnosed with cancer
- Be able to read, write and communicate with ease in English
- Have access to a computer with Internet or be willing to provide a home address to which a hard copy of the survey can be mailed
- Be competent to give consent
If you are eligible to participate, you will be asked to provide basic demographic information (i.e. race, marital status, annual income, education). Researchers will be evaluating your self-efficacy by asking questions regarding your fear of recurrence, long-term and late effects of treatment, loss of health benefits, impact of cancer and cancer-related distress. They will also be evaluating your quality of care, confidence in care, insurance and financial issues, resource use and preferences for services.
If you have questions, please call (215) 728-4069 and ask for Dr. Suzanne Miller, Dr. Pamela Shapiro or Kuang-Yi Wen.