Our booklet Getting Connected: African-Americans Living Beyond Breast Cancer will help you from the moment of diagnosis, through breast cancer treatment and beyond. African-American women affected by breast cancer discuss their reactions to diagnosis, how they made treatment decisions and where they found support.
With compassion and clarity, this booklet will help you:
- Take steps to get good health care
- Determine your beliefs about breast cancer
- Understand your breast cancer treatment options
- Get help from your family and friends
- Consider what to do after you finish treatment
This culturally sensitive booklet was written using the words of 68 African-American breast cancer survivors who shared their stories.
Download a sample PDF of Getting Connected: African-Americans Living Beyond Breast Cancer.