Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Guide for the Newly Diagnosed will help you navigate the first few days, weeks and months after a breast cancer diagnosis. It focuses on your medical, emotional and practical concerns with the goal of helping you understand the biology of breast cancer, the choices you face, questions you need to ask to make informed decisions and resources available to you.
Using clear language, we will help you to:
- Cope with the news
- Share your diagnosis with family, friends and children
- Learn about breast cancer stages, diagnostic tests and pathology reports
- Understand surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, targeted therapy and hormonal therapy
- Prevent or lessen side effects
- Get information about clinical trials and treatment decision-making
- Ask for a second opinion
- Find help and emotional support
This guide was written with help from a team of healthcare providers and women like you.