Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Guide to Understanding Breast Cancer Treatment Research Studies uses straightforward language to explain the world of breast cancer clinical trials and help you weigh the pros and cons of participation. Available online only.
This guide answers common questions about taking part in breast cancer research, including:
- The difference between placebo and treatment
- When and where to find cancer clinical trials
- The meaning of blinding, phases and randomization
- The role of principal investigators and protocols
- The importance of informed consent
- How Institutional Review Boards and others protect your rights
- How to pay for treatments
Learn questions to ask your breast cancer medical team and myths and truths about the clinical trials process. Throughout the guide, hear from “voices of experience,” women like you who considered taking part in breast cancer research.
This guide was written with help from a team of healthcare providers and women like you.
Download a sample PDF of the Guide to Understanding Breast Cancer Treatment Research Studies.