Breast Cancer Helpline Coordinator
Living Beyond Breast Cancer, founded in 1991, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by breast cancer. LBBC reaches more than 500,000 people annually through our publications, educational programs, website, social media and Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania and has a staff of 30 professionals. For more information, visit LBBC.ORG.
The Breast Cancer Helpline Coordinator is responsible for administering all aspects of Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Helpline. Through the Breast Cancer Helpline, LBBC connects constituents with resources and matches them with peers who are trained to provide emotional support. The individual is an external representative of the organization and will interact with constituents both online, by phone, and in person. This position is 22.5 hours per week.
- Manage all calls and emails for the Breast Cancer Helpline. Triage all contacts and provide high-touch service to consumers.
- Monitor and act on incoming requests by matching them to Helpline volunteers.
- Conduct follow-up communication (phone calls and emails) to individuals who request support in a timely and compassionate manner.
- Manage all data and reporting for the Breast Cancer Helpline, including maintaining relational databases.
- Maintain an online resource guide used by volunteers to provide referrals.
- Assist in recruiting, training and managing volunteers who provide support to individuals who contact the Breast Cancer Helpline.
- Monitor and maintain a closed Facebook group for Helpline volunteers.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background
- Two-years experience in oncology navigation, case management or social work, associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of and interest in psychosocial, financial and other issues which have an impact on those diagnosed with breast cancer
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in relational databases (such as Access or Raiser’s Edge), including data entry and reporting
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with technology and social media platforms
- Experience using active listening skills or experience using other compassionate communication strategies
- Self-directed individual, strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate work in a collaborative and high pace environment
- Social work or psychology background
- Experience working with and coordinating volunteers
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Application deadline: 5/5/2017.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who identify with our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.