Living Beyond Breast Cancer is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by the disease. LBBC reaches more than 600,000 people annually through publications, educational programs, website, social media and the Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania.
The Outreach Manager develops and implements LBBC’s outreach initiatives to healthcare providers and others, including nonprofit organizations, hospital administrators, involved in serving people with breast cancer to ensure that LBBC’s resources are available to their patients. The Outreach Manager also plays a key role in implementing educational programs specific to healthcare providers.
- Develop yearly plans for outreach and engagement of healthcare providers. Manage project teams that implement these activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key healthcare systems and providers to ensure that they are aware of LBBC’s resources and are connecting their patients with them.
- Oversee the LBBC Fund program, which provides financial assistance to low-income women and men in breast cancer treatment living in the Greater Philadelphia region and select locations across the country.
- Develop and maintain relationships with healthcare systems/providers that are eligible to apply for grants for their patients under the LBBC Fund. Ensure that participating healthcare systems have access to LBBC resources and regularly distribute them to their patients.
- Develop and manage LBBC programs designed specifically for healthcare providers. Secure and coordinate CEU credit for appropriate programs. Current programs include webinars and a multi-day training program for nurse navigators.
- Lead LBBC’s participation at national healthcare provider and consumer conferences, including making strategic recommendations of conferences to attend and for how LBBC should engage with the conference attendees.
- Manage LBBC’s Medical Advisory Board.
- Utilize LBBC’s database systems to track outreach efforts. Build and send messages in an email marketing tool.
- Manage outreach to special populations, as assigned.
- Interact with LBBC constituents at fundraising and educational programs to increase awareness of the organization and to develop relationships that can result in increased engagement.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, public health, or related field, master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience conducting outreach to professionals and special constituent populations
- Experience using relational databases; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Self-directed individual, strong organizational skills and the ability to design and coordinate multiple initiatives in a collaborative environment
- Proven ability of successful community engagement and relationship building
- Experience working with healthcare providers and health systems
- Interest in women’s health issues
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends frequently
- Ability to travel both locally and nationally; 6-8 multi-day trips per year are anticipated
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is 3/22/2019.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who identify with our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.