Living Beyond Breast Cancer, founded in 1991, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by breast cancer. LBBC reaches more than 500,000 people annually through our publications, educational programs, website, social media and Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania and has a staff of 30 professionals. For more information, visit LBBC.ORG.
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the work of LBBC’s Programs and Partnerships Department. This department provides direct programs, resources, publications and services in support of the organization’s mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.
- Manage program registration data and generate program reports from LBBC’s databases.
- Build, test and launch registration and evaluation forms for education programs.
- Assemble program evaluation data and assist in review and communication of findings for program improvement.
- Provide excellent customer service to program constituents via phone and email as well as in-person at programs (registration, problem solving, information sharing).
- Act as key point of contact and coordinator to the administration of LBBC’s Cis B. Golder Quality of Life grant program, which supports women in the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Support the logistical planning and implementation of educational programs, including webinars, community meetings, town halls, conferences, and other activities held in the Greater Philadelphia region and at other sites throughout the country, as well as over telephone and web-based platforms.
- Contribute to the development of program content, program design, and implementation.
- Support and build awareness of LBBC programs by helping to establish strong community relationships with key groups, including partner organizations, breast cancer support groups and businesses.
- Support special projects, research and publications work, as needed.
- Represent LBBC externally at regional and national events, conferences, and meetings.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Mission-driven, self-directed and outgoing individual
- Two years of experience in a nonprofit or similar setting
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple initiatives in a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in relational databases (such as Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online), including data entry and reporting
- Comfortable with technology and social media platforms
- Ability to travel both locally and nationally
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Interest in women’s health issues or oncology
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Application deadline: 3/17/2017.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who identify with our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.