Program Coordinator, Outreach and Partnerships
Living Beyond Breast Cancer, founded in 1991, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by breast cancer. LBBC reaches more than 550,000 people annually through our publications, educational programs, website, social media and Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania and has a staff of 30 professionals. For more information, visit LBBC.ORG.
The Program Coordinator, Outreach and Partnerships is responsible for assisting in the implementation of LBBC’s Young Women’s Initiative (YWI), a program designed to provide information and support for women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer before age 45, and the Hear My Voice Metastatic Breast Cancer Outreach Volunteer Program. The Young Women’s Initiative is funded through a five-year cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Work with the Associate Director, Outreach and Partnerships to support content development, coordinate physical and virtual events, and provide administrative support. Activities include but are not limited to web, video, and print content; physical events for consumers and healthcare providers; peer support programs; advocacy-training programs; and marketing activities.
- Assist in the selection of topics for written materials and programs; secure writers and speakers.
- Coordinate the recruitment and logistics for in-person training programs including Young Advocate, Hear My Voice and Survivorship Series. These trainings are held throughout the country.
- Assist Young Advocate and Hear My Voice (HMV) trained volunteers in achieving their advocacy and outreach goals by providing support through the closed Facebook groups for volunteers, coaching calls and ongoing communication to these volunteers.
- Establish, cultivate, and steward relationships with external organizations and individuals that will advance the YWI and HMV program and help LBBC build and manage strong partnerships.
- Implement marketing strategies to ensure adequate participation in all YWI programs and distribution of YWI resources; marketing to include both social and traditional media and YWI’s text messaging program.
- Write program materials, including: marketing materials, e-mail communications, and funder reports.
- Manage relationships with vendors to ensure delivery of services.
Evaluate, track and report on trends and usage of YWI and HMV programs and resources and develop recommendations for improvements.
- Represent LBBC at healthcare provider and consumer conferences.
- While in the community, act as an LBBC ambassador to increase general visibility and awareness of mission and services and to identify potential relationships that could result in increased philanthropic support.
Minimum Requirements & Preferred Background
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, or related field
- Two years of experience in nonprofit program development and implementation
- Knowledge and experience in marketing programs through traditional and social media
- Superior interpersonal communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple initiatives in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work with a population of volunteers facing serious health related issues
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience using relational databases (such as Raiser’s Edge), including data entry and reporting
- Comfortable with technology and social network platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest or experience in oncology, medicine or women’s health
- Ability to travel within the USA
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: 9/22/2017.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who identify with our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.