Social Media Coordinator
Living Beyond Breast Cancer, founded in 1991, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by breast cancer. LBBC reaches more than 500,000 people annually through our publications, educational programs, website, social media and Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania and has a staff of 30 professionals. For more information, visit LBBC.ORG.
The Social Media Coordinator actively maintains all of LBBC’s social media channels, ensuring that they are engaging and reflective of the organization’s mission and goals. The Social Media Coordinator is part of the Marketing Department and works collaboratively across the organization. The individual is often an external representative of the organization and will interact with constituents both online, by phone, and in person.
- Maintain all social media channels with the goal of increasing engagement and participation.
- Promote organizational programs and resources and create engaging experiences for constituents.
- Curate and create content for posting, including producing innovative campaigns using a mix of strategies (written, graphic, video, etc.).
- Manage the organization’s social media calendar.
- Monitor activity regularly and respond to constituents when needed.
- Assist in creation and placement of advertising campaigns.
- Work with the program team on the implementation of Twitter Chats, including promotion of the program and technical assistance for staff and participants.
- Monitor social media engagement and activity and report out to key stakeholders
- Stay informed of emerging strategies and tools, and recommend changes.
- Act as an internal resource on social media issues and train staff as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background
- Minimum two years of experience managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.) for a business or nonprofit organization
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Knowledge of best practices in digital marketing
- Experience writing, editing, and crafting content for social media Experience with scheduling and analytics tools including HootSuite, Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics
- Experience in capturing and editing photo and video content
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and PremierePro
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand how online communication can best drive overall organizational goals and objectives
- Interest or experience in oncology, medicine or health
- Experience working with Drupal, Wordpress, or other content management systems
- Ability to travel within the USA
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Application deadline: 3/24/2017.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who identify with our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.