Travel Grants & Fee Waivers
Travel grants and Fee Waivers are now closed. A limited number of fee waivers for the conference will be avialable onsite. Thank you.
Travel Grant Overview:
- Travel grants are awarded as stipends based on distance from conference location. The travel grant stipends in 2017 are as follows:
- You must live 75 miles or more from the conference site to apply for a travel grant
- $400 (USD) for all residents living 75 miles or more from the conference site
- If you are approved for a travel grant you will also receive an automatic fee waiver for the conference registration and will not need to fill out a separate fee waiver form.
- You must live 75miles or more from the conference location. In order to be eligible for a travel grant you must live 75 miles or more from the conference location. If you reside less than 75 miles from the conference location, you are ONLY eligible for a fee waiver.
- $15 non-refundable travel grant application fee. In order to submit a travel grant application, there is a $15.00 non-refundable fee. This application fee is ONLY for travel grant applications. We have found it necessary to institute this travel grant application fee so that we may continue to assist the greatest number of those in financial need.
- Reimbursement checks will be distributed at the conference. Reimbursement checks will be distributed on Sunday at the close of the last session of the conference which ends at 11:30 a.m. You will need to show ID and sign out in person to receive your travel grant stipend. No checks will be distributed prior to the closing session on Sunday, October 8, 2017. You must personally pick up your check otherwise it will be mailed to you after the conference.
- Travel grant stipends can be used for any conference related expenses. Travel grant stipends can be used for conference related expenses including sleeping rooms at the conference hotel, parking, travel, etc.
- You may only receive one travel grant per calendar year. In order for the travel grant program to serve as many as possible, you will only be eligible for one travel grant per calendar year. For example, you can receive a travel grant for either the Metastatic Conference or the Living Beyond Breast Cancer Conference, but NOT both.
- You may receive a travel grant for two years in a row. Qualified applicants will be eligible to apply for a travel grant for two consecutive years. After receiving funding for two consecutive years, you will not be eligible to receive a travel grant in the next calendar year.
Travel Grant Sponsors
We would like to thank AmerisourceBergen Foundation, Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, The Paula A. Seidman Fund, The Teresa Laraba Travel Grant Fund supported by Southwest Airlines and their employees and Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation for their support of conference travel grants.