Reach & Raise On the Road: How to Hold an Event
Hold an event in your community!
Holding your own Reach & Raise on the Road is a great way to get involved with LBBC – and a great way to demonstrate your support of those impacted by breast cancer.
It’s easy to get started! At its heart, each event is a donation class or other yoga class that is specifically designated to support Living Beyond Breast Cancer. As an event leader, you identify a yoga studio or yoga teacher who will hold the class, and ask people to be a part of it. You decide if you’d like to make it a suggested donation or donate what you wish! We send you signage and materials for your participants, and ask you to be part of our larger national event by being part of the conversation on social media.
From there, you can keep it simple or dress it up as you wish – add live music, snacks and/or a silent auction… it is up to you!
After the event, just make sure to send in your donations, stories and pictures from your events.
Have questions? Contact Hayley Frank at email@example.com or 610-645-4569.
Holding your own Reach & Raise on the Road: The Basics:
- Set fundraising and attendance goals.
- Choose a location and a yoga instructor(s).
- Contact LBBC to register your event. Whether you’re doing something large or small, we’ll provide information to help you pull your event together.
- Your event will be added to a special web page designed to promote all of the events.
- LBBC will send you a packet of promotional materials and brochures to help you promote your event locally, and connect to you via social media.
- LBBC will stay in touch with all event leaders with tips and information about the event, prizes and giveaways, and social media support
- Participants may be eligible for promotions, prizes and more!
How LBBC will help
- We will provide you with Living Beyond Breast Cancer promotional items – silicone bracelets, brochures, event flyers, etc.
- We’ll promote your organization as part of the weekend’s festivities via our social media channels, which include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- You’ll be featured on the event website and special microsite as well as our 2016 Annual Report.
- We’ll send geographically targeted emails to our constituents who live in the vicinity of your event.
- We’ll provide you with a template press release that you can share with local media highlighting your participation in the national event.
- You’ll help us continue our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.
What’s in the organizer packet?
When you submit your Reach & Raise on the Road event to our team, we'll provide you with a variety of resources to help make your event a success. Here's an overview of what you'll receive:
- Reach & Raise on the Road silicone bracelets
- Reach & Raise on the Road coin purses
- Reach & Raise on the Road T-shirt (for event organizer)
- Reach & Raise on the Road social media graphics
- Customizable event flyer and signage for your studio or office
- Fact sheet about LBBC and Reach & Raise On the Road
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer informational brochures
- Copy of our Guide to Understanding Yoga & Breast Cancer