Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Shop to Support
What is Shop to Support?
Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Shop to Support program allows businesses to support people who have a breast cancer diagnosis while promoting their products and services. A special Shop to Support section lives on the Living Beyond Breast Cancer website at LBBC.ORG. There we list promotions that benefit Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
How Do I Get Listed on the Shop to Support Section of LBBC.ORG?
To become a Shop to Support partner, you must have an ongoing sale or promotion for at least one month from which a portion of the sale benefits LBBC. You must also commit to donating at least $250 by the end of the year.
Please note: All sales must be managed through the business partner’s website. LBBC does not have e-commerce capabilities.
While October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we invite all of our Shop to Support partners to participate throughout the year. We feature partners for making a longer commitment to helping people affected by breast cancer.
How Do I Make the Most of Participating in Shop to Support?
Shop to Support partners get the most benefit when they have their own campaign associated with promoting the partnership. Our listing reinforces and validates your efforts. Some consumers will purchase through the link on our site when they have confirmed that there is a reciprocal relationship. You’ll get most of your success from your promotion of your participation.
What Will LBBC Do for My Organization?
We will include a link to the product or promotion on your website as well as any brief promotional copy, product photos and/or videos on LBBC.ORG.
- Donations of over $10,000 will be included the LBBC.ORG list of corporate partners.
- We will feature the products or promotion in our national e-blasts (frequency depends on the level of the donation) and on the official LBBC social media channels.
- Partners may write an educational blog for LBBC to post and promote.
- The LBBC logo may be provided for your promotional materials (with LBBC approval).
- Donations of over $500 will be listed in LBBC's Annual Report.
How Else Can My Organization Get Involved?
At our annual fundraising gala, The Butterfly Ball
- Partners may offer auction items
- Partners may be event sponsors
At our annual conferences
- Partners may exhibit their products
At Reach & Raise yoga events
- Partners may provide promotional materials or giveaways
Are There Any Companies That LBBC Doesn’t Work With?
Please note that LBBC strictly adheres to the following policies and will not consider doing business with any entity that:
- Discriminates against any individuals or groups based on race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or sexual orientation;
- Promotes or encourages the use of tobacco, in any form, for personal consumption;
- Promotes or encourages the excessive use of alcohol;
- Promotes or encourages the use of illegal drugs or abuse of prescription medication;
- Uses profanity, racial epithets, ethnic slurs, derogatory or misogynistic language in any of its promotion or marketing.