Manager, Fundraising Events
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by the disease. LBBC reaches more than 550,000 people annually through publications, educational programs, website, social media and the Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania; for more information, visit LBBC.ORG.
The Manager, Fundraising Events is responsible for managing and executing events to achieve fundraising goals of LBBC, with a special focus on peer-to-peer fundraising events.
• Implement and manage LBBC’s peer-to-peer fundraising events. The organization’s signature fundraising event is Reach & Raise, a yoga event with more than 2,000 participants at our flagship Philadelphia event.
• Create and implement event strategies, including calendars, messaging, and logistics.
• Grow event participation and leadership fundraising. Create event and fundraising materials, including event website, team captain and participant guides, social media toolkits, postcards and posters, webinars, and other coaching materials.
• Manage and grow LBBC’s Do It Yourself and Third Party fundraising events, which are initiated by individual donors and business owners.
• Support LBBC’s Leadership Volunteers, individuals throughout the country who are ambassadors and fundraisers for the organization, through “how to fundraise” training.
• Assist in the management and implementation of LBBC’s annual gala, the Butterfly Ball, with a focus on material production, oversite of the live and silent auctions, and general logistics.
• Assist in identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of event sponsors, and ensure all benefits are delivered.
• Manage maintenance of online event platforms. LBBC currently uses Luminate Online and Everyday Hero for peer-to-peer events. Track event and fundraising information in Raiser’s Edge and create reports.
• Supervise the Special Events Coordinator who assists with all fundraising event activities.
• Work with internal staff and external consultants to create and execute marketing and communications plans for fundraising events. Implement social media strategy, including organic posts, paid advertisements and boosted posts, for fundraising events.
• Oversee the work of staff and vendors who carry out logistics for fundraising events.
• Work to develop and execute marketing and communications for peer-to-peer and fundraising events designed to increase event attendance and LBBC name recognition.
• Consider new fundraising event opportunities, and make recommendations accordingly.
• Support all fundraising events with collateral and database support, as needed.
• Propose and oversee approved yearly budget for special events and ensure costs stay within budget.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background
• Bachelors degree in relevant field
• Five years experience in development, with a focus on peer-to-peer fundraising, annual giving, other individual fundraising, and/or grassroots fundraising
• Experience with online fundraising platforms and relational databases; direct experience with Luminate Online or Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Experience creating fundraising communications including emails, letters and social media posts
• Success working with a fast-paced, mission-focused nonprofit environment
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team, showing both strong initiative to reach individuals goals as well support the overall team goals
• Proven ability to lead and develop staff, volunteers and consultants in a nonprofit organization
• Strong interest in oncology, women's health and/or yoga a plus
• Flexibility for frequent evening and weekend work required
• Ability to travel within the USA
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Application deadline: 1/12/2018.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who identify with our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.