Reach & Raise On the Road: How to Hold an Event
Hold an event in your community!
Holding your own Reach & Raise on the Road is a great way to get involved with LBBC – and a great way to demonstrate your support of those impacted by breast cancer.
It’s easy to get started! At its heart, each event is a yoga donation class that is specifically designated to support Living Beyond Breast Cancer. As an event leader, you identify a yoga studio or yoga teacher who will hold the class, and ask people to be a part of it. You decide if you’d like to make it a suggested donation or donate what you wish! We send you signage and materials for your participants, and ask you to be part of our larger national event by being part of the conversation on social media.
From there, you can keep it simple or dress it up as you wish – add live music, snacks and/or a silent auction… it is up to you!
After the event, just make sure to send in your donations, stories and pictures from your events.
Have questions? Contact Jamie Cohen at email@example.com or 610-645-4569.
Holding your own Reach & Raise on the Road: The Basics:
- Set fundraising and attendance goals
- Choose a location and a yoga instructor(s)
- Contact LBBC to register your event. Whether you’re doing something large or small, we’ll provide information to help you pull your event together
How LBBC will help
- We will provide you with Living Beyond Breast Cancer promotional items – silicone bracelets, brochures, event flyers, etc
- We’ll promote your event or organization via our social media channels, which include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- You’ll be featured on our event calendar and on a special map designed to promote all of the events
- LBBC will stay in touch with all event leaders with tips and information about the event, prizes and giveaways, and social media support
What’s in the organizer packet?
When you contact our team about your Reach & Raise on the Road event, we'll provide you with a variety of resources to help make your event a success. Here's an overview of what you'll receive:
- Reach & Raise silicone bracelets
- Reach & Raise pop-sockets (for your cell phone!) and change purses
- Reach & Raise T-shirt (for event organizer)
- Customizable event flyer and signage for your studio or office
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer informational brochures
- Copy of our Guide to Understanding Yoga & Breast Cancer