Frequently Asked Questions
What is Shop to Support?Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Shop to Support program allows organizations to give back to an important cause such as breast cancer while promoting their products and/or services. A special Shop to Support section lives on the LBBC website at LBBC.ORG where we list ongoing promotions organized by companies or organizations that benefit Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
While October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we invite all of our Shop to Support partners to join our Beyond October Initiative. We feature these partners on our website for making a longer commitment to helping those affected by breast cancer.
How Do I Get Listed on the Shop to Support Section of LBBC.ORG?To become a Shop to Support partner, you must have an ongoing sale or promotion for at least one month from which a portion of the sale benefits LBBC. You must also commit to donating at least $250 by year’s end. Please note: LBBC does not have e-commerce capabilities. All sales must be managed through the partner’s website.
To learn more, contact Sandy Martin, Vice President of Advancement, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (855) 807-6386 x104.
What Will LBBC Do for My Organization?
- We will include a link to the promotion (which directs to your website) as well as any brief promotional copy, product photos and/or videos on LBBC.ORG.
- If your promotion occurs during the month of October, it will be featured in our Shop to Support e-catalog, which is sent to our constituents once via email.
- We will also feature the promotion on occasion in our national e-blasts (frequency depends on the donation amount minimum) and on the official LBBC social media channels.
- Our Shop to Support partners have the opportunity to write an educational blog that LBBC would post on its blog.
- The LBBC logo can be provided for your promotional materials (with LBBC approval).
- Donations of over $500 get a listing in LBBC’s Annual Report
- If your donation exceeds $10,000, you will be listed on LBBC.ORG as a corporate partner.
How Else Can My Organization Get Involved
- At our annual fall gala, The Butterfly Ball
- You can provide auction items
- You can become an event sponsor
- We also have opportunities for you to exhibit at our annual conferences (2) and our annual Yoga on the Steps events (3). You may provide promotional materials or giveaways to be displayed at other LBBC events throughout the year
Are There Any Companies That LBBC Doesn’t Work With?Please note that LBBC strictly adheres to the following policies and will not consider doing business with any entity that:
- Discriminates against any individuals or groups based on race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or sexual orientation;
- Promotes or encourages the use of tobacco, in any form, for personal consumption;
- Promotes or encourages the excessive use of alcohol;
- Promotes or encourages the use of illegal drugs or abuse of prescription medication;
- Uses profanity, racial epithets, ethnic slurs, derogatory or misogynistic language in any of its promotion or marketing.