Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Events
October 13 is dedicated to educating our community about Metastatic Breast Cancer and spreading awareness of the needs of those living with the disease. Check out the online and in-person events below, hosted by breast cancer organizations nationwide.
Events on Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day: Monday, October 13
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer launches our new blog series, Hear My Voice. Thirteen blog posts will be released over 13 hours, starting at 9:00 a.m. ET.
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer releases our latest " Let's Talk About It" videos, featuring content for young women diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.
- The Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance releases a major report on the metastatic breast cancer landscape. Visit mbcalliance.org or follow the Alliance on Twitter, @mbcalliance, for more.
- Count Us, Know Us, Join Us: advancedbreastcancercommunity.org hosts a Twitter Chat with Adam Brufsky, MD, at 12:30 p.m. ET. Pose your questions to #AdvancedBreastCancer.
- Join Susan G. Komen and the Metastatic Breast Cancer Network for an Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day Twitter Chat in honor of Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day. The event will be co-hosted by Shirley Mertz of the Metastatic Breast Cancer Network and Neil Spector, MD, Komen Scholar from the Duke University School of Medicine. Follow along with us on the Susan G. Komen twitter page, @SusanGKomen on October 13 at 7p.m. (CT)
Other MBC Awareness Events During October
- Monday, October 6: SHARE Cancer Support's webinar, " Coping With October: Ideas for Those Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer." 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, October 8: CancerCare's webinar, " Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer." 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. ET. Also available by phone.
- Saturday, October 11: Komen LA County's 2nd Annual Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference in West Los Angeles, California. 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT. Contact 310-575-3011 or GBarker@KomenLACounty.org
- Wednesday, October 15: Living Beyond Breast Cancer's webinar, " Metastatic Breast Cancer Series, Part 1: A Research Update." Noon - 1 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, October 15: SHARE Cancer Support's webinar, " Metastatic Breast Cancer: Cutting-Edge Research." 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. ET
- Thursday, October 23: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's webchat, " What's New in Metastatic Breast Cancer Treatment and Research." 1 p.m. ET
- Thursday, October 30: Living Beyond Breast Cancer's webinar, " Metastatic Breast Cancer Series, Part 2: Communicating With Your Healthcare Providers." Noon - 1 p.m. ET