Metastatic Breast Cancer Webinar Series, Part Two: Treating the Whole You With Integrative Care
Integrative care is cancer care that includes complementary therapies, practices such as acupuncture, massage, meditation and yoga. Some people living with metastatic breast cancer have found these practices helpful in improving quality of life. During part two of our October webinar series, Pallav K. Mehta, MD, will help you understand
- what integrative care is and how it can help
- things to consider when thinking about integrative care
- specific practices, like acupuncture, meditation and nutrition
- the importance of communicating with your healthcare team about integrative care
- how to find licensed integrative care practitioners and trusted programs
About Our Speaker
Pallav K. Mehta, MD is the director of integrative oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper and Assistant Professor of Medicine at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University. He is board certified in internal medicine, medical oncology, hematology and integrative medicine, and has been the cancer liaison physician to the Commission on Cancer (COC).
Dr. Mehta has served as a local principal investigator and developed a broad integrative medicine initiative aimed at patients with cancer. He recently co-authored a book, After Cancer Care, on the topics of exercise, nutrition, and stress modification in patients with cancer.