Living Beyond Breast Cancer is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted information and a community of support. By joining our team, you can make a difference in the lives of people in your community and across the country. For more information, visit LBBC.ORG.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is seeking to hire a Marketing Director who will lead the development and implementation of the organization’s national marketing and communications efforts. The Marketing Director will lead the creation and implementation of a strategic marketing plan that will increase visibility of the organization and help us to reach our core audience.
LBBC is headquartered just outside Philadelphia in Bala Cynwyd, PA. This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere in the US, however candidates must be able to comply with 9am-5pm EST working hours and be available for travel several times per year.
- Direct the advancement and evolution of LBBC’s brand vision, goals and marketing strategies, to align with/reflect organizational strategic priorities and ensure positioning, brand personality and brand promise that is compelling, credible, distinctive and which reflects LBBC’s focus on equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Develop and implement an engagement strategy based on deep insights about what motivates people and healthcare providers to access and utilize LBBC’s educational resources. Engage those who utilize LBBC’s educational and supportive information and resources and turn them into supporters of the organization through donations and/or volunteerism. Ensure a specific focus on BIPOC is incorporated into strategy and practice.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan and budget; ensure that the plan supports all aspects of LBBC’s programs and fundraising efforts. Manage all marketing work for the organization, including supervising direct reports and external vendors.
- Direct the implementation of the organization’s constituent email strategy (weekly e-newsletters, welcome campaigns, etc.) and social media strategy.
- Work in partnership with the Digital Content Strategist to develop and evolve a content marketing strategy (web and social) to engage people with breast cancer and their caretakers; acquire and retain donors, volunteer advocates, and healthcare professionals and ensure each audience has a positive experience with LBBC. Ensure coordination and prioritization of messages, actions, and activities across audiences by working closely with other Executive Team colleagues including the Digital Content Strategist, Vice President, Mission Delivery, Vice President of Development, Executive VP, Strategy and Mission; and Chief Executive Officer to prioritize and optimize use of these platforms.
- Develop an engagement strategy based on insights about what motivates people and healthcare providers to access and utilize LBBC’s educational resources. Engage those who utilize LBBC’s educational and supportive information and resources and turn them into supporters of the organization through donations and/or volunteerism. Ensure a specific focus on BIPOC is incorporated into strategy and practice.
- Effectively implement the brand strategy in a rapidly evolving, multi-channel world. Stay abreast of rapidly evolving media and technology tools and trends; test new and innovative approaches to raising awareness, engagement, and desired actions from the public.
- Build strong and collaborative working relationships with LBBC partner organizations.
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-year, marketing performance framework aligned with the integrated plan, tracking breadth and depth of engagement with key audiences.
- Guide and steward the LBBC brand image internally and externally. Ensure alignment and ownership of brand guidelines across a broad range of stakeholders including staff, leadership volunteers and other partners.
- Monitor the external landscape (i.e., key activities and public engagement efforts by other leading non-profits) and be an expert source of sector and market intelligence for strategic planning purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field. A minimum of 8 years’ experience managing marketing efforts, including branding, social media, and advertising, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Creative thinker, knowledgeable about best practices in branding, marketing, and communications for nonprofit organizations and women’s health issues
- Skilled at managing teams of internal and external professionals
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office, online marketing software (Luminate, Teamraiser), project management software (Basecamp preferred), video and photo editing software, and social media
- Proven success in project management, planning, and internal communications.Knowledge of best practice in SEO and Google Analytics reporting
- Experience managing external consultants, such as agencies, writers, and graphic designers
- Knowledge of Google Ad Words and/or Google Grants a plus
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Interest in women’s health and medicine
- Ability to travel within the USA and comply with all COVID-19 regulations and restrictions
Salary Range and Benefits: $80,000 - $90,000 per year. LBBC offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Application deadline is 1/28/2022.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek individuals of a diverse background and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.