Living Beyond Breast Cancer is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC reaches more than 600,000 people annually through multi-channel efforts and is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania. For more information visit LBBC.ORG.
The Resource Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the direct service programs that LBBC offers to its constituents, including the Breast Cancer Helpline and the Living Beyond Breast Cancer Fund. Through each of these programs, LBBC connects constituents with critical resources.
Through the Breast Cancer Helpline, LBBC connects people who are living with a diagnosis with trained volunteers who have experienced similar issues. The Resource Coordinator is responsible for reviewing all Helpline requests and matching them with an appropriate volunteer. The Resource Coordinator is also involved in recruiting and training volunteers.
The LBBC Fund is a small grant program through which we provide small quality of life grants to people who are living with a breast cancer diagnosis. The program is currently available in Greater Philadelphia as well as several other communities throughout the country. The Resource Coordinator is the first point of contact for healthcare providers and applicants. The Resource Coordinator also ensures that applicants are connected with LBBC’s full array of resources.
- Manage all calls and emails for the Breast Cancer Helpline. Provide compassionate and timely response to all consumers who are seeking support through the Helpline. Facilitate and track all matches to volunteers.
- Perform data entry, maintain and update Access database of volunteer records and provide imports as needed to other LBBC databases.
- Communicate regularly with Helpline volunteers to ensure their full engagement with LBBC.
- Manage full scope of the LBBC Fund grant application process, including maintaining the grant platform, reviewing all applications, and tracking outcomes.
- Ensure program effectiveness for both the Helpline and the LBBC Fund by tracking metrics, evaluations, and overall quality assurance.
- Assist in all outreach efforts of the organization, especially to healthcare providers, potential volunteers, and program recipients.
- Represent LBBC externally at regional and national events, conferences, and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Two-years’ experience in oncology navigation, case management, social work or in a nonprofit health organization
- Knowledge of and interest in psychosocial, financial and other issues which have an impact on those diagnosed with breast cancer
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, especially in external customer service
- Experience in relational databases (such as Access or Raiser’s Edge), including data entry and reporting
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with technology and social media platforms
- Self-directed individual, strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate work in a collaborative and high pace environment
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Ability to travel locally and nationally occasionally
How to Apply
send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is 7/19/2019.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who identify with our mission of connecting people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.