At Living Beyond Breast Cancer, we envision a world where no one impacted by breast cancer feels uninformed or alone. Our mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. By joining our team, you can make a difference in the lives of people in your community and across the country.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is currently hiring a Website Manager. This is a fully remote position that can be located anywhere in the US, however candidates must be able to comply with 9am-5pm EST working hours.
The Website Manager will be responsible for managing Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s main website (LBBC.ORG) and related microsites. Under the guidance of the organization’s strategic plan as well as its strategic marketing plan, the individual oversees the functionality and technical maintenance of the main website — an interactive website that receives more than 1 million page views per year — as well as all other web properties.
Additionally, the individual will maintain the current Drupal-based website while assisting in the project management of an already-in process redesign of a new WordPress-based website (scheduled for launch in Fall 2022). The ideal candidate is well-rounded technologist with excellent communication, project management, and problem-solving skills who has varied experience maintaining dynamic websites.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Own all things LBBC.ORG, ensuring the website is fully operational and inviting to users
- Develop, refine, and maintain protocols for website administration (content updates and publishing process, technical issue notification, etc.); ensure the processes are used consistently by all staff.
- Interact with staff from key departments to inform the maintenance of their website pages in terms of quality, timeliness, and relevance to target audiences.
- Work with external vendors contracted to own Search Engine Optimization to continue to optimize key website pages and drive overall improvement based on the organization’s business strategy.
- Work with internal staff and external vendors to develop and implement strategies for ensuring that website users are converted into engaged constituents.
- Work with external website developers responsible for site maintenance and larger site improvements.
- Help share and make meaning of website metrics (e.g., Google Analytics, etc.) for key staff to better inform business decisions.
- Work with key staff to ensure continuity of experience and integration between the website and Luminate, the organization’s primary database platform, and other online tools (Optin Monster, etc.).
- Provide ongoing training and support for staff who regularly update content on the website.
- Maintain domain registrations and hosting contracts for all organizational sites.
- Participate on internal work teams to carry out special projects, including but not limited to website and database projects.
- Assist in expense tracking and budget management.
Embrace LBBC’s mission by developing an understanding of breast cancer, the work of the organization, and the sector in which we operate.
Act as an LBBC ambassador to increase general visibility and awareness of mission and services and to identify potential relationships that result in increased philanthropic support.
Act as team player by providing support for special projects as needed.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, marketing, or web design. A minimum of 4 years’ experience managing dynamic websites, preferably for nonprofit organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, and a high degree of experience managing content in CMS platforms (WordPress and Drupal required)
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office, online marketing software (Luminate, Teamraiser), project management software (Basecamp preferred), video and photo editing software, and social media.
- Proven success in project management, planning, and internal communications.
- Strong communication skills and experience communicating complex, technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Knowledge of best practice in SEO and Google Analytics reporting
- Experience managing external consultants, such as agencies, writers, and graphic designers
- Knowledge of Google Ad Words and/or Google Grants a plus
- Knowledge of website compatibility with the Americans with Disabilities Act a plus
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Interest in women’s health and medicine
- Ability to travel within the USA and comply with all COVID-19 regulations and restrictions.
Salary Range and Benefits: $60,000 - $65,000 per year
LBBC offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401k, and paid time off
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Application deadline is 1/15/2022.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek individuals of a diverse background and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.