Living Beyond Breast Cancer, founded in 1991, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by breast cancer. LBBC reaches more than 500,000 people annually through our publications, educational programs, website, social media and Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania and has staff of 30 professionals. For more information, visit www.lbbc.org.
The Development Intern works with staff in our development department to carry out the organization’s signature education and fundraising event, Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Reach & Raise. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and learning experiences:
- Develop recruitment and follow-up communications for participants
- Assist participants and team captains in creating fundraising pages
- Conduct outreach to local businesses and potential participants
- Conduct research for event promotion
- Develop and implement social media campaigns to encourage registration and awareness
- Assist with procurement of vendors, vendors, and sponsors
- Assist in planning for day-of event
- Assist in data entry for participants and sponsors
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background
- Undergraduate student in public health, social work, or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort contacting prospective sponsors and participants
- Well organized and flexible; comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with technology and new media, including knowledge of word processing, social media, spreadsheet, planning, presentation, and databases
- Interest or experience in oncology, medicine or women’s health
Timeframe and Commitment
We have flexibility to meet the internship guidelines/requirements of your school. Minimum requirement: 10-15 hours per week in Spring 2016.
How to Apply
Please send resume and hours of availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: 1/8/2015.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED