In the Know: Understanding Breast Cancer Rehabilitation
Treatment side effects, and coping with breast cancer itself, can sometimes hold you back from doing your favorite activities. The disease and its treatments may affect your physical ability, your fitness, and how long you can perform physical tasks. Physical therapy and oncology rehab can help resolve or manage these issues, but many people do not know what they can do before and after treatment, which exercises can help, or how to get started.
Join us for this free one-hour webinar to hear our expert, Brianna Obert, MSPT, CLT, RYT, a physical therapist and oncology rehab certified yoga instructor, explain breast cancer rehabilitation. This webinar will explain what breast cancer rehab is and how to access rehab services, whether you are newly diagnosed, in treatment, or completed treatment long ago.
She will discuss:
- The benefits of physical therapy before and after breast cancer treatment
- Safe exercises that help maintain strength and flexibility
- Strategies to help prevent lymphedema and how to maintain an exercise routine while managing lymphedema
- The impact that exercises such as yoga can have on healing, stamina and range of motion
- Finding safe, appropriate cardio exercises for each phase of healing
- Insurance coverage for rehab services
Ms. Obert will use the first 40-45 minutes to give a presentation. The last 15-20 minutes will be a moderated Q&A session. We will take questions via phone and online chat.
About Our Speaker:
Brianna Obert, MSPT, CLT, RYT
Brianna Obert, MSPT, CLT, RYT, has been a physical therapist since 2004 and has focused primarily on oncology since 2007. Ms. Obert's treatment focus is predominantly on people with breast cancer in all phases of treatment and survivorship. Read more...