Travel Grants & Fee Waivers
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is pleased to provide a limited number of travel grants and registration fee waivers for 2019 Conference on Metastatic Breast Cancer. Travel grants and registration fee waivers provide financial assistance to those who would otherwise be unable to afford the costs of attending the conference.
Travel Grant Overview:
Thank you for your interest. Travel Grants and Fee Waivers are now closed. A limited amount of fee waivers will be available on site at the conference.
- Travel grants are awarded as stipends based on distance from conference location. The travel grant stipends in 2019 are as follows:
- $300 (USD) for CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA and VA residents who live more than 60 miles from the conference location
- $400 (USD) for all residents living in other states in the country (including Hawaii and Alaska) and Canada
- If you are approved for a travel grant you will also receive an automatic fee waiver for the conference registration and will not need to fill out a separate fee waiver application.
- You must live more than 60 miles from the conference location. If you reside 60 miles or less from the conference location, you are ONLY eligible for a fee waiver.
- There is a $15 non-refundable travel grant application fee to submit a travel grant application. We have found it necessary to institute this travel grant application fee so that we may continue to assist the greatest number of those in financial need. There is no fee to submit a fee waiver application.
- Reimbursement checks will be distributed at the end of the conference. Reimbursement checks will be distributed at 12:15 p.m. Sunday, April 7 at the close of the last session of the conference. You will need to show ID and sign out in person to receive your travel grant stipend. No checks will be distributed prior to the closing session on Sunday, April 7, 2019. You must personally pick up your check otherwise it will be mailed to you after the conference.
- Travel grant stipends can be used for any conference related expenses. Travel grant stipends can be used for conference related expenses including sleeping rooms at the conference hotel, parking, travel, etc.
- You may only receive one travel grant per calendar year. In order for the travel grant program to serve as many as possible, you will only be eligible for one travel grant per calendar year.
Fee Waiver Overview:
- A fee waiver covers only registration costs of attending the conference.
- Fee waivers are for those who reside within 60 miles from the conference location and require financial assistance.
- A fee waiver includes all meals served at the conference.
TRAVEL GRANT SPONSOR
We would also like to thank, AmerisourceBergen Foundation, The Paula A. Seidman Fund, The Teresa Laraba Travel Grant Fund supported by Southwest Airlines and their employees and Nancy Ann Ranken Moffitt in honor of Dr. R. Brannon Claytor for their support of conference travel grants.