Living Beyond Breast Cancer is pleased to provide a limited number of travel grants for the 2020 Conference on Metastatic Breast Cancer. Travel grants provide financial assistance to those who would otherwise be unable to attend the conference. Travel grant applications are reviewed as they are received or until funds are depleted, so we encourage you to apply early. Caregivers and healthcare providers are eligible to apply, priority will be given to applicants with a metastatic breast cancer diagnosis.
There is a $15 non-refundable fee to apply for a travel grant.
What is a Travel Grant?
- A travel grant stipend aims to help offset some of your costs of attending the conference; however it will most likely not cover all expenses.
- Travel grants provide reimbursement only. No funds will be provided to recipients prior to the conference.
- There is a maximum travel grant stipend in 2020:
- $300 (USD) for CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA and VA residents who live 60 miles or more from the conference location
- $400 (USD) for all residents living in other U.S. states (including Hawaii and Alaska) and Canada
- If you are approved for a travel grant you will also receive an automatic fee waiver for the conference registration and will not need to fill out a separate fee waiver application.
- Reimbursement checks will be distributed at 12:15 p.m. on Sunday, April 19, at the close of the last session at the conference. You will need to show a valid photo ID and sign in at the travel grant table at the beginning and end of the conference to receive your travel grant stipend check. You will not need to submit receipts. No checks will be distributed prior to the closing session on Sunday, April 19.
- Travel grant stipends can be used for conference related expenses, including sleeping rooms at the conference hotel, parking, travel, etc.
- Applicants with a demonstrated financial need, living in the United States or Canada, who otherwise would be unable to participate in the conference.
- To be eligible for a travel grant, you must be living with metastatic breast cancer. Limited funds are also available for caregivers and healthcare providers.
- You will only be eligible for one travel grant per calendar year.
- In order to be eligible for a travel grant you must live 60 miles or more from the conference location. If you reside less than 60 miles from the conference location, you are ONLY eligible for a fee waiver.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $15.00, regardless of approval status, no exceptions.
- Paying the application fee does not guarantee a travel grant.
- The application fee must be paid prior to completing a travel grant application.
- The fee must be paid via credit card.
- Use the funds to attend the full conference. You will be required to sign in and out, and show a valid photo ID at the travel grant registration table.
- Share information you learn at the conference with your local community.
- If you are using travel grant stipend funds towards lodging, we request that you stay at the Philadelphia 201 Hotel. A small room block has been secured at the hotel at a special reduced rate of $169.00 + 16.37% tax per night. You must make your own reservations. Please reference Living Beyond Breast Cancer to obtain the reduced rate. Click here for online reservations.
- Find your own roommate, if needed. If you are looking for a roommate, please visit the Events section of our Facebook page (just search “Living Beyond Breast Cancer” and if you haven’t already, “like” us). Once there, join 2020 Conference on Metastatic Breast Cancer to connect with other conference attendees and find a roommate.
- Complete conference evaluation forms and provide a brief testimonial statement that informs LBBC of the impact the conference had on you. By applying for and accepting the travel grant, you agree that testimonials may be used on LBBC’s website or in future marketing materials.
If you are approved for a travel grant and you decide not to attend the conference, please send an email before the conference date to LBBCtravelgrants@leaddogonline.com. Please notify us as soon as possible so that funds can be released and made available to other applicants. Not doing so may affect your eligibility for future travel grant opportunities with our organization.
You will be notified of the status of your application by email or phone within 10 business days from the date the completed application was received. Please make sure you check your email and spam folders. If you have any questions, please send an email to LBBCtravelgrants@leaddogonline.com.
How to Apply:
- Pay your Travel Grant Application Fee
- After paying your travel grant application fee, you will receive a link to the Travel Grant Application in the reply email.
- Complete and submit your Travel Grant Application by Friday, March 13, 2020. Note that applications are reviewed as they are received or until funds are depleted, so we encourage you to apply sooner rather than later.
- Do not register for the conference before you hear about the status of your travel grant, otherwise you will forfeit your paid conference registration fee. If you are approved for a travel grant, you will receive an automatic registration fee waiver for the conference.
- All information provided in your application must be accurate. Any invalid information will result in the immediate termination of your application or travel grant.
If you have any questions, please send an email to LBBCtravelgrants@leaddogonline.com.
TRAVEL GRANT SPONSOR
We would also like to thank, AmerisourceBergen Foundation, Lotasi Jewels, The Paula A. Seidman Fund/Alan Saltiel, and The Teresa Laraba Travel Grant Fund supported by Southwest Airlines and their employees, for their support of conference travel grants.