Guide for the Newly Diagnosed
Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Guide for the Newly Diagnosed will help you navigate the first few days, weeks and months after a breast cancer diagnosis. It focuses on your medical, emotional and practical concerns with the goal of helping you understand the biology of breast cancer, the choices you face, questions you need to ask to make informed decisions and the resources available to you.
Using clear language, we help you to:
- Cope with the news
- Share the diagnosis with your family, friends and children
- Learn about breast cancer stages, diagnostic tests and pathology reports
- Understand surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, targeted therapy and hormonal therapy
- Prevent or lessen side effects
- Get information about clinical trials and treatment decision-making
- Ask for a second opinion
- Find help and emotional support
This guide was written with help from a team of healthcare providers and people like you.