Young Advocate Program
Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Young Advocate Program provides the tools and training to help young women use their personal breast cancer experience to make a difference in their communities by raising awareness, further their understanding of the disease and advocate for others. This opportunity is geared toward women diagnosed with breast cancer before age 45 who live in the United States.
The most important thing [the training] taught me was that my place in this world is to be involved with education of and support for any young woman who has heard that crashing sentence: You have breast cancer.
After the training, Young Advocates are tasked with connecting others to LBBC through grassroots outreach within their community and completing two advocacy related activities within 1 year. In the past, Young Advocates have spoken at events in their communities, participated in research review boards, raised awareness of young women affected by breast cancer through blog posts and social media outreach, shared LBBC materials with healthcare providers and more.
The 2020 Young Advocate Program application process is now closed. Please check back with us in Summer 2021 for more information.
Lynn Folkman Auspitz
Manager, Community Engagement
610-645-4567 | email@example.com
Participants accepted into the program will:
- Participate in a virtual advocacy and outreach training:
- Wednesday, August 26 | Evening Session
- Saturday, September 12 | Full Day
- Sunday, September 13 | Full Day
- Complete at least two individual activities in their community and connect at least one healthcare provider to LBBC within 1 year of completing the training
- Work to connect others in their community to LBBC’s programs and services
- Receive ongoing technical support from LBBC experts, advocacy leaders and peer support throughout the program
- Women diagnosed with breast cancer before age 45
- Women living in the United States
- We are seeking a diverse candidate pool, including
- Applicants with an annual household gross income at 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or below
- Applicants from all ethnic & racial backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities
- Women who are under 35 years old
- Women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer in the last 3 years
- Women who are living with metastatic breast cancer
- Full access to a computer or smart device - with video and microphone capabilities - for the full duration of training
- High speed internet connection
- Comfort with utilzing a virtual platform such as Zoom or Go-To Meetings