Steven Copit MD
Breast Reconstruction Surgeon, Mangat Copit Plastic Surgery and Skin Care
- 30 years experience in advanced breast and body plastic surgery
- Clinical professor in the division of plastic surgery, Thomas Jefferson University
Connect with Dr. Copit
Dr. Copit specializes in advanced breast and body plastic surgery, and he is highly regarded in the field of cosmetic surgery and breast reconstruction. Practicing in both the Vail Valley of Colorado and in Philadelphia, Dr. Copit has nearly 30 years of experience.
In Philadelphia, Dr. Copit serves as Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery and as a Clinical Professor of Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Dr. Copit is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He attended Duke University and completed his residency in general surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and a plastic surgery residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, where he earned a residency teaching award.
I strive to consistently produce a safe and natural result for every patient I care for.
Experience & Accolades
- Plastic Surgery
- Breast Reconstruction
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery
- Clinical Professor of Surgery
Awards and Distinctions
- Philadelphia Magazine's Top Docs 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
- Aesthetic management of the breast following explantation: evaluation and mastopexy options. Rohrich, R. J., Beran, S. J., Restifo, R. J., et al.
- Septal extension grafts: a method of controlling tip projection shape. Byrd, H. S., Andochick, S., Copit, S., et al.
- Optimizing Results of Postmastectomy Radiation Therapy Utilizing the Latissimus Dorsi Flap and Tissue Expander Technique: A Single-Center Experience. Waseem Mohiuddin, Guillaume S Chevrollier, Patrick J. Greaney, et al.
- Early Clinical Outcomes of a Novel Antibiotic-Coated, Non-Crosslinked Porcine Acellular Dermal Graft after Complex Abdominal Wall Reconstruction. Erin H. Baker, Darren Lepere, Megan P. Lundgren, et al.
- Evaluating the role of postoperative prophylactic antibiotics in primary and secondary breast augmentation: a retrospective review. Michael N. Mirzabeigi, Alexander F. Mericli, Timothy Ortlip, et al.
- Timing of sentinel lymph node biopsy and reconstruction for patients undergoing mastectomy. Kandace McGuire, Anne L. Rosenberg, Shayna L. Showalter, et al.
Breast reconstruction is the surgical process of rebuilding the breast during or after mastectomy or lumpectomy surgery. It involves using tissue, implants, or a combination of both to achieve a more natural-looking breast. While mastectomy and lumpectomy are part of treatment, breast reconstruction doesn’t treat the cancer.