For purposes of this Agreement, “Service” refers to LBBC’s service which can be accessed via our website at www.lbbc.org in which users can find educational resources. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to LBBC. “You” refers to you, as a user of our Service and/or a user of our Website.
This Policy applies to any information we collect:
- Through or on this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by LBBC or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
I. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age without parental supervision. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website without parental consent. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use without parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Service, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as:
- Full name,
- Postal address,
- Email address,
- Telephone number,
- Financial or payment information,
- Health information, medical diagnosis, and racial and ethnic origin (“sensitive information”), and
- Any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline,
- Collectively, "personal information"
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as generic demographic information; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Personal Information includes information that you may provide to us to register for a program or to sign up for our mailing list.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website and Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for our Service or a program, subscribing to our mailing and communications lists, or making other requests. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out or donations you make through our Website and of the fulfillment of those transactions. You may be required to provide financial information before carrying out a transaction or donation through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized Service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
III. HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To process any donations you make or transactions you conduct with us.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or Service.
- To send you information or communications when you subscribe to one of our mailing or communications lists.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our Service and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- For example, we will disclose personal information and relevant sensitive information when you request to be matched with one of our trained volunteers.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LBBC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LBBC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions (https://www.lbbc.org/living-beyond-breast-cancer-terms-and-conditions-use-site) and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LBBC, our customers, or others.
IV. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Communications from LBBC. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by LBBC to promote our own or third parties' Services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click the “Unsubscribe” link in that email or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to LBBC as a result of a donation or other transaction.
V. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
VI. YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Colorado, Nevada, and other states may provide their residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt out of personal data processing for targeted advertising sales.
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature and processing purpose.
- Opt out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights or appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request via email email@example.com . However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
VII. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
VIII. DATA RETENTION
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you.
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them).
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
IX. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
XI. CONTACT US