Knowledge is power: Watch party grant
Grant applications need to be submitted by August 25.
2023 grant applications have now closed.
The mission of Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC) is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. At LBBC, we believe in the power of uplifting communities and supporting organizations that are dedicated to educating, empowering, and supporting those impacted by breast cancer. We recognize the unique challenges faced by Black women and the need to amplify their voices, experiences, and opportunities.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is pleased to provide a limited number of watch party grants for Black-led/Black-founded non-profit organizations and community groups that offer community-based programming. All groups will need to go through the application process and approved community groups will be offered a grant to host an event using the educational information offered in the 2023 webinar series, Knowledge is power: The Black breast cancer experience (KIP).
The goals of the watch parties are to provide support, fellowship, and opportunities for discussion using the information shared during the Knowledge is Power webinar series.
KIP watch party grant parameters
- Grant applications need to be submitted by August 25, 2023. Grants will be awarded on first come, first serve basis while funds are available, so we encourage community groups to submit their application as soon as possible.
- The KIP watch party grant award is in the amount of $500.00.
- Community groups will be asked to complete an online activity report summarizing the watch party within two weeks of holding their event.
- There can be no admission fees charged to attend the event (watch party).
- Grants are available only to organizations in the United States.
The goals of the watch parties are to provide support, fellowship, and opportunities for discussion during the Knowledge is Power webinar series.
How can KIP watch party grants be used?
The grant can be used for the primary costs associated with hosting one watch party based on the educational programming provided at KIP 2023. We hope that each community group will be able to host a watch party with a minimum of 10 people in attendance. Watch parties can be organized to watch either a live KIP 2023 program or a recording(s). Community groups must complete the online activity report (provided by LBBC) summarizing the watch party within two weeks of their watch party event.
The grant may be used to pay for: facility rental, snacks or food, gift gas/transportation cards, grocery cards, audio visual needs, printing, and mailing costs for advertising the program.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Organizer’s travel costs, including airfare, hotel costs, mileage, and parking
- Costs associated with fundraisers
Penn Medicine's Abramson Cancer Center
Penn Medicine’s Basser Center for BRCA
Sign up to receive emotional support, medical insight, personal stories, and more, delivered to your inbox weekly.