By joining our team, you can make a difference in the lives of people in your community and across the country.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted information and a community of support. By joining our team, you can make a difference in the lives of people in your community and across the country. For more information, visit LBBC.ORG.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is seeking to hire a Staff Accountant. This position will hold responsibility for carrying out day-to-day finance and operations functions. LBBC is headquartered just outside Philadelphia in Bala Cynwyd, PA; this is an in-office position.
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions including accounts payable, account reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations, and accounts receivable.
- Assist Vice President of Administration and Lead Accountant in developing and maintaining automated/digital internal processes and project management systems.
- Manage the accounts payable process for all organizational expenses; verify the accuracy of requests, invoices, expense reimbursements, corporate cards, and other payment requests within Bill.com (the online system that LBBC uses for accounts payable).
- Maintain vendor information such as W-9s and contact information. Prepare year-end vendor reports such as 1099/1096 forms.
- Assist with budget tracking and reporting for both internal management and LBBC board.
- Record cash receipts into accounting system and donor management system. Create and distribute gift reports regularly to ensure that all gifts are acknowledged.
- Process payments for the LBBC Fund, a program through which the organization awards financial assistance to constituents.
- Assist with month-end close and year-end audit by preparing schedules or other analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies and financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain a daily log of transactions, running up-to-date accounting reports for management as requested.
- Assist in overall office management, including use of online tools that are used throughout the organization, including Basecamp, Zoom, Jira, Boardable, and others.
- 3-5 years experience working in a nonprofit accounting office; bachelor’s or associate’s degree in finance or administration preferred
- Working knowledge of nonprofit accounting
- Experience handling donations for a nonprofit organization
- Proficient in financial management systems; experience with QuickBooks and Bill.com preferred
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT® a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A high level of initiative, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Interest in women’s health and advocacy
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster required. Individuals may claim exemption for medical or religious reasons
Salary & benefits
Salary range begins at $65,000 per year. LBBC offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek individuals of a diverse background and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.