Ovarian suppression stops the ovaries from producing these hormones. When paired with a hormonal therapy medicine called an aromatase inhibitor, it can significantly lower a woman’s risk of breast cancer recurrence.
Look below for more information from LBBC about ovarian suppression.
About Side Effects
- Hot in Here: Coping With Symptoms of Early Menopause (video)
- Let's Talk About Sex (And Breast Cancer) (video)
- Guide to Understanding Intimacy and Sexuality
- Heated Topic: Menopausal Symptoms and You (Twitter Chat transcript)
- Fertility and Future Pregnancy
- Blocking Ovarian Function Benefits Some Women (news)
- Side Effects Greater for Some Given Tamoxifen With Ovarian Suppression (news)
- Special Ask the Expert: Your Questions from the SOFT Trial Webinar