Living Beyond Breast Cancer Fund
Breast cancer can be very expensive, especially for those with limited incomes. The COVID-19 health crisis has created increased financial hardship for many people, including those with breast cancer. Living Beyond Breast Cancer has expanded our financial assistance program to serve the national breast cancer community through one-time grants meant to help decrease financial burden.
We appreciate your interest in the Living Beyond Breast Cancer Fund. The availability of grants varies according to funding and the number of applications received.
At this time, we are not able to accept new applications. The grant has opened and closed for the month of July 2022.
The application will open on Wednesday August 17, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET. For your reference, additional program information and eligibility requirements are below.
The application is 100% online. (IT IS NOT PRINTABLE. IT IS NOT VIEWABLE UNTIL IT OPENS). We recommend applying on a computer or tablet; cell phone is NOT recommended. Once we reach our maximum, the grant will be closed.
- The grant can be used for living expenses ONLY: rent, mortgage, car payment, car insurance, phone, internet, cable, electric, gas, & heating oil.
- Please do not send any bills or other documents until approved and/or requested.
- Grant funds are paid directly to vendors/billers (EX: Mortgage Lender, Electric Company, etc.). No funds are given directly to the applicant.
- Grants range from $500 - $1,250 based on individual circumstances and as funding allows.
- Please note that grants cannot be used to cover medical expenses, personal loans, or credit cards.
- This is a one-time grant, and can only be awarded to people who have not received a financial assistance grant from LBBC in the past.
- Email is the primary way in which we communicate. It is your responsibility to check your email folders (including junk, spam, etc.)
- Once approved for the grant, you have 30 days from when you applied to submit your billing documents. No response/communication can result in the grant being deactivated. You will not be able to reapply.
- This is not an emergency fund. We make every effort to process applications within 6-8 weeks of submission.
This is a 2-step process:
- The person applying must complete the application. At this time, we are not accepting new applications. The application will open: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 12:00 pm Eastern Time. Remember to REFRESH your screen at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
- A member of your healthcare team must complete the Healthcare Provider Verification Form. This form is always open to be completed by a member of your healthcare team ONLY.
The Healthcare Provider Verification Form can ONLY be completed by a member of your healthcare team (your social worker, nurse navigator, doctor, etc.), and can be completed NOW. A nurse navigator, social worker, or another member of your cancer care team must confirm your breast cancer diagnosis by completing the Healthcare Provider Verification Form. Please ask your healthcare provider to complete this Healthcare Provider Verification Form before or once you have submitted your application. A delay in receiving the verification form may affect the application review timeline.
To ensure we reach as many individuals as possible, we are presently only able to provide grants to people who have not previously received these funds in the past. In order to apply, you must also:
1. Be in active treatment for early stage breast cancer or living with metastatic breast cancer. For applicants with early stage breast cancer, priority is given to those diagnosed within the past 12 months, but consideration will also be given to those diagnosed up to 18 months ago.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer defines active treatment as chemotherapy, surgery, radiation, targeted therapies, and immunotherapy. We do not consider long-term hormonal therapies, such as tamoxifen or aromatase inhibitors, to be active treatment. We define metastatic breast cancer as breast cancer that has traveled away from the breast and nearby lymph nodes to other parts of the body, such as the bones, lungs, liver, or brain.
2. Be experiencing financial need due to breast cancer treatment. You may apply for a grant if your household income is under 400% of the U.S. Federal Poverty Level. Priority for grant approval will be extended to those individuals demonstrating the highest level of financial need.
If you would like to determine whether your household is at 400% or less of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), you can use the NeedyMeds FPL calculator (do not use commas when entering your income).
3. Live within one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. You must be a US citizen living/residing within one of the 50 states, District of Columbia, and 5 US territories.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 855-807-6386, press #2 or [email protected]
Donate to the Living Beyond Breast Cancer Fund to help us support even more people affected by breast cancer.
The Living Beyond Breast Cancer Fund is made possible by generous contributions of individual, foundation and corporate donors. We especially want to recognize the extraordinary generosity of:
The Orsher Family Foundation and The Rebecca Stemplewicz Memorial Fund
The Orsher Family’s contributions have allowed us to continue to expand the Living Beyond Breast Cancer Fund across the country to support people living in rural, suburban, and urban America. Forward4Tobi allows us to support women living with metastatic breast cancer and their families so that they can focus on their health.
AmerisourceBergen Corporation Foundation
Nancy Ann Ranken Moffitt in honor of Brannon R. Claytor, M.D.
New York State Office of the Attorney General
Tutu Project of the Carey Foundation
Paula A. Seidman Fund
All individuals who contributed to the Living Beyond Breast Cancer Fund
Cis B. Golder Family and Friends