Hear My Voice Metastatic Advocacy Program
If you want to discover who you are as an advocate, learn how to raise awareness about metastatic breast cancer and connect with other people living with stage IV, LBBC’s Hear My Voice Advocacy Program may be for you.
Hear My Voice Advocates are trained how to use their personal stories along with statistics and insights about metastatic breast cancer to increase awareness. You will also learn about the many offerings LBBC has to help people in your community understand their diagnosis, make informed decisions and get the support they need.
Past advocates have “raised their voice” about metastatic breast cancer through blogging and social media outreach, fundraising for LBBC programs to support those living with metastatic breast cancer, spoken about their experiences in their local communities, participated on research review boards, started new advocacy organizations, shared LBBC materials with healthcare providers, called for more funding for breast cancer research, and so much more.
This was a great training. Very well organized with deliberate structure and information. The staff is wonderful and I’m super excited and honored to be part of the LBBC family to further its mission.
— Joy, 2020 Hear My Voice Advocate
The 2020 Hear My Voice application process is now closed. Applicants will be notified of their status on March 3, 2021.
Jade Lleonart Adler
Community Engagement Coordinator
Participants accepted into the program will need to complete a virtual training which will consist of:
Live virtual sessions:
- Tuesday, March 23 – 11:00am-2:30pm ET
- Tuesday, April 6 – 11:00am -2:30pm ET
- Wednesday, April 7 – 11:00am-1:30pm ET
- Wednesday, April 7 – 2:30-5:30pm ET
- Thursday, April 8 - 11:00am – 3:00pm ET
Some aspects of the training also include self-paced learning exercises and reflection documents about the videos. These exercises are foundational to the training and you should expect to dedicate approximately 4 hours to completing them prior to the training.
You must be able to attend all the live virtual sessions and complete the self-paced learning in order to be trained and activated as a Hear My Voice Advocate.
- All people diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer currently living in the United States
- We are seeking a diverse candidate pool, including
- Applicants of a variety of ages, including people who are under age 45 and over age 65
- Applicants with an annual household gross income at 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or below
- Applicants from all ethnic & racial backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities
- Applicants with a variety of subtypes of and sites of metastatic breast cancer
Each participant will be required to complete the following within their volunteer commitment term which runs through December 31, 2021:
- Work to connect others in their community either virtually or in person to LBBC’s programs and services
- Conduct at least two individual activities in their community either virtually or in person and work to connect others to LBBC's programs and services
- Connect Healthcare providers to LBBC resources
- Participate in an LBBC-led outreach social media campaign to educate the public about metastatic breast cancer and the unique experiences and needs of those living with it
- Complete a coaching call with LBBC staff to discuss community activities
- Attend 4 check-in calls during active term
- Submit activity reports regularly throughout the program to LBBC
- Receive ongoing technical support from LBBC experts, advocacy leaders and peer support throughout the program
- Full access to a computer or smart device - with video and microphone capabilities - for the full duration of training
- High speed internet connection
- Comfort with utilizing a virtual platform such as Zoom or Go-To Meetings
Thank You 2021 Hear My Voice Program Sponsors: