Special Events Assistant
LBBC is seeking a Special Events Assistant to provide support for our annual fundraising gala, the Butterfly Ball. This is a hybrid event that will host people in person at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel and will be broadcast for remote attendees. The event raises funds for our programs and services for those who have been impacted by breast cancer.
- This is a part-time, temporary position based in our Bala Cynwyd, PA office (some work may be done remotely). It will pay $17/hour, for 15-20 hours per week, August through December 2022.
- The selected candidate must be available to work at the event on Saturday, November 5, 2022.
Silent and Live Auction
- Assist in all aspects of organizing the silent and live auction, key elements in ensuring the overall success of the event.
- Collect auction item information and write compelling descriptions.
- Assist in maintaining online auction site that will be used by event attendees.
- Work with staff to identify and secure new auction items.
- Assist in all communication with auction donors and winning bidders.
Day of Event
- Setup and manage registration/silent auction tables.
- Assist in training and managing event volunteers.
- Provide support throughout the live event.
- Assist in overall administration of the event, including tracking guest information, writing communications, and planning event elements.
- Knowledge of and interest in nonprofit fundraising events
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office Suite, online tools, and relational databases
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work as part of a team and carry out directions
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek individuals of a diverse background and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.