Regina M. Hampton, MD, FACS
Regina M. Hampton, MD, FACS, is the medical director of the breast care center at Doctors Community Hospital, the first breast center in Prince George’s County, Maryland. She is a board-certified general surgeon who has focused her practice on breast health and breast cancer. Her former private practice, Signature Breast Care, was the first breast surgery practice in the county.
Dr. Hampton is also the medical director and co-founder of Breast Care for Washington, a nonprofit dedicated to providing access to mammograms regardless of the ability to pay. The facility is the only 3D mammography facility in a neighborhood of Washington, D.C., that has the highest mortality rates of breast cancer in the city.
She plays an active role at Doctors Community Hospital. She was elected the first female chief of staff in the 40-year history of the hospital. Dr. Hampton was the project director for a Susan G. Komen $1 million grant that provided mammograms for uninsured women in Prince George’s County.
Dr. Hampton attended the Medical College of Pennsylvania and completed a general surgery residency at Howard University Hospital. She completed research at the Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center, which was published in the medical journal Oncogene.
In October 2018, she opened Cherry Blossom Intimates at Woodmore Town Center in Prince George’s County. It is a bra boutique offering custom prosthetics for breast cancer survivors and lingerie for all body shapes and sizes.
I had the first and only breast surgery practice in Prince George’s County, and that’s because I’m really passionate about breast cancer care in women of color, African-American women, and Latina women. I’ve really committed my career and my life to try and make a difference in these populations. – Dr. Regina Hampton, Cherry Blossom Intimates
- Breast Surgery, Oncology
- Drexel University Medical College of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine
- Howard University - Washington, DC
- Bachelor of Science, Radiation Therapy Technology
- Cherry Blossom Intimates - Glenarden, MD
- Executive Vice President, Co-Founder, Certified Mastectomy Fitter (2017-Present)
- Doctors Community Hospital - Lanham, MD
- Medical Director, Breast Surgeon (2012-Present)
- Breast Cancer for Washington - Washington, DC
- Chief Medical Officer and Co-Founder (2014-Present)
- Signature Breast Care/Regina Hampton, MD, PC - Lanham, MD
- Owner, Principal Physician and Breast Surgeon (2009-2015)
Awards and distinctions
- Washingtonian Magazine's Top Doctors (2016, 2020)
Professional memberships and board positions
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society Breast Surgeons
- Med Chi, Maryland State Medical Society
- Student National Medical Association
- The Links, Inc. - Washington, DC Chapter
- Black Women's Health Imperative Breast Cancer Advisory Board
- State of Maryland Breast and Cervical Cancer Program Medical Advisory Committee
- What Do Patients Prefer? Understanding Patient Perspectives on Receiving a New Breast Cancer Diagnosis. Attai DJ, Hampton R, Staley AC, Borgert A, Landercasper J.Ann
- A peer-led decision support intervention improves decision outcomes in black women with breast cancer. Sheppard VB, Wallington SF, Willey SC, Hampton RM, Lucas W, Jennings Y, Horton S, Muzeck N, Cocilovo C, Isaacs C.
In the media
- Ask Our Doctors – Dr. Regina Hampton – Breast Care Education
- ‘It’s part of the healing we needed’ | Sisters empower Black women living with breast cancer through DC non-profit [WUSA9]
- ‘Setting the Stage’ in Breast Cancer [Cure Today]
Connect on social media
Learn more about Dr. Hampton on her website.