The annual Living Beyond Breast Cancer Conference brings people affected by all stages of breast cancer and their caregivers together with leading wellness and medical professionals to share, learn, reflect and connect.
During the virtual conference, individuals participated in live sessions with experts on a variety of topics such as breast reconstruction, green beauty care, nutrition, advocating for change in Black breast cancer care and more. Participants also had access to a library of on-demand videos to watch on topics such as the basics of CBD, mindfulness, clinical trials, caregiving, breast cancer in the time of COVID-19 and more.
Healthy living: Food & fitness as medicine
Advocating for change in Black breast cancer care
More than skin deep: Beauty self-care inside & out
Early-stage breast cancer and metastatic breast cancer: Being allies for each other
Reach & Raise: Yoga with Robyn
Speaker: Robyn Tiger, MD, C-IAYT, RYT-500
Making meaning after a diagnosis of breast cancer
Speaker: Monique Gary, DO, FACS
Breakout sessions & on-demand content
- Treating metastatic breast cancer: The promise of precision medicine with Lisa A. Carey, MD, FASCO and Nikhil Wagle, MD
- Medical update: Triple-negative breast cancer with Rita Nanda, MD
- Advances in breast cancer care with Claudine Isaacs, MD
- All about CBD for side effects with Alex Capano, DNP, CRNP, FNP-BC
- What to think about a coming COVID-19 vaccine, with William Schaffner, MD
Support & Community
- Sharing stories: Making breast reconstruction decisions with Dana Donofree, Sarah Sanders, Suzette Simon, and Maja Adolfo-Piwek
- Metastatic breast cancer: Living with uncertainty with Pamela J. Ginsberg, PhD, Joy Jenrette, and Cathy Knowles
- Mindfulness for resilience with Anusha Wijeyakumar, MA, CPC, RYT
- Caregiving: Supporting loved ones and yourself with Gregory D. Garber MSW, LCSW
Susan G. Komen Minnesota
Sign up to receive emotional support, medical insight, personal stories, and more, delivered to your inbox weekly.