Travel Grants & Fee Waivers
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is pleased to provide a limited number of travel grants and registration fee waivers for the 2020 Conference on Metastatic Breast Cancer. Travel grants and registration fee waivers provide financial assistance to those who would otherwise be unable to afford the costs of attending the conference. Caregivers and healthcare providers are eligible to apply, priority will be given to applicants with a metastatic breast cancer diagnosis.
Travel Grant Overview:
- Travel grants are awarded as stipends based on distance from conference location. The travel grant stipends in 2020 are as follows:
- $300 (USD) for CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA and VA residents who live more than 60 miles from the conference location
- $400 (USD) for all residents living in other states in the country (including Hawaii and Alaska) and Canada
- If you are approved for a travel grant you will also receive an automatic fee waiver for the conference registration and will not need to fill out a separate fee waiver application.
- You must live 60 miles or more from the conference location. If you reside less than 60 miles from the conference location, you are ONLY eligible for a fee waiver.
- There is a $15 non-refundable travel grant application fee to submit a travel grant application. There is no fee to submit a fee waiver application.
- Reimbursement checks will be distributed at the end of the conference. Reimbursement checks will be distributed at 12:15 p.m. Sunday, April 19 at the close of the last session of the conference. You will need to show a valid picture ID and sign out in person to receive your travel grant stipend. No checks will be distributed prior to the closing session on Sunday, April 19, 2020. You must personally pick up your check.
- Travel grant stipends can be used for any conference related expenses. Travel grant stipends can be used for conference related expenses including sleeping rooms at the conference hotel, parking, travel, etc.
- You may only receive one travel grant per calendar year. In order for the travel grant program to serve as many as possible, you will only be eligible for one travel grant per calendar year.
Fee Waiver Overview:
- A fee waiver covers only registration costs of attending the conference.
- Fee waivers are for those who reside within 60 miles from the conference location and require financial assistance.
- A fee waiver includes all meals served at the conference.
TRAVEL GRANT SPONSOR
We would also like to thank, AmerisourceBergen Foundation, Lotasi Jewels, The Paula A. Seidman Fund/Alan Saltiel, and The Teresa Laraba Travel Grant Fund supported by Southwest Airlines and their employees for their support of conference travel grants.