Unraveling the strand: Navigating genomic and genetic testing with your patients
Healthcare provider webinar on genomic (tumor biomarker testing) and genetic testing for an inherited mutation
Genomic testing (tumor biomarker testing) and genetic testing for an inherited mutation are essential topics for healthcare providers to understand, but communicating with patients about testing can be challenging.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer has partnered with MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper to help healthcare providers understand the critical role they play in helping patients understand and access testing, consider its psychological implications, and make decisions about care.
During this webinar, Generosa Grana, MD, FACP and Evelyn Robles-Rodriguez, DNP, APN, AOCN helps healthcare providers understand:
- The latest information on genomic testing (tumor biomarker testing) and genetic testing for an inherited mutation, with an emphasis on breast cancer
- Barriers in access to testing among patients from racial and ethnic minority groups
- Patient perceptions of genomic and genetic testing
- The role of shared decision-making between patients and providers
- Psychosocial implications of genomic and genetic testing
- Strategies for increasing patient access to testing
- Best practices for communicating with patients about genomic and genetic testing
Please note: Certificates of participation are only available to those who joined for the entire live event on 5/17/2023.
About our speakers
Generosa Grana, MD, FACP
Director, MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
Generosa Grana, MD, FACP, is the Director of the Cooper Cancer Institute and Head of the Division of Hematology/Medical Oncology of Cooper University Hospital in Camden, New Jersey.
She serves as an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in Hematology and Oncology at Cooper University Hospital. She is also Adjunct Professor at the Coriell Institute for Medical Research in Camden, New Jersey.Read more
Evelyn Robles-Rodriguez, DNP, APN, AOCN
Director of Outreach, Prevention, and Survivorship, MD Anderson at Cooper
Evelyn Robles-Rodriguez, DNP, APN, AOCN, a member of LBBC's Medical Advisory Board, is an oncology advanced practice nurse at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper in Camden, New Jersey.
She serves as the director for outreach, prevention, and survivorship, and she is bilingual in English and Spanish. She is committed to the cancer education of the lay and professional community.Read more
This program is brought to you in partnership with:
Thank you to our sponsors