Our Conference on Metastatic Breast Cancer has been providing people living with metastatic breast cancer and their families a safe, collaborative space to gather information and discover practical resources they need to make decisions for their physical and emotional health for almost 15 years. In 2020, we gathered virtually, but our information and support remain the same.
During our virtual conference, attendees participated in live sessions with leading medical experts and people living with MBC. Participants chatted with other attendees in one of our meet-up lounges, and interacted with exhibitors that had products and services just for them. Attendees also viewed pre-recorded sessions and chatted with speakers during our Meet the Expert sessions.
Sessions covered the latest medical updates specific to subtypes, managing symptoms and side effects, caregiving, resiliency, medical marijuana, and more.
Treating metastatic breast cancer: The promise of precision medicine
Shared voices: Learning from each other
Living well with metastatic breast cancer
Speaker: Don S. Dizon, MD, FACP, FASCO
Breath, body, mind: Practices for resiliency
Speaker: Yael Flusberg
- Treating bone mets with Adam Brufsky, MD, PhD
- Treating brain mets with Christina Irene Tsien, MD and Alexandra S. Zimmer, MD
- Metastatic breast cancer: A guide for the newly diagnosed with Tufia Haddad, MD
- Medical update: HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer with Reshma L. Mahtani, DO
- Medical update: Hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer with Stephanie L. Graff, MD, FACP
- Medical update: Lobular breast cancer with Rachel C. Jankowitz, MD
- Medical update: Triple-negative metastatic breast cancer with Rita Nanda, MD
- Medical marijuana to manage symptoms and side effects with Sara Jane Ward, PhD and Brooke Worster, MD, FACP
Support & Community
- Patient advocacy: What more needs to be done and how we get there with Kate Pickert, Christine Hodgdon, Natalia Padron, Jamil Rivers, Kelly Shanahan, and Alicia C. Staley
- The power of connection: The caregiving relationship with Michelle Ferretti, LCSW, OSW-C
- Coping with collective grief with Kelly Grosklags, LICSW, BCD
Sign up to receive emotional support, medical insight, personal stories, and more, delivered to your inbox weekly.